Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Deer on Golden Gate Bridge Forced Drivers to Endure The Horror of Waiting for Deer to Live

Car drivers are accustomed to swapping time for life, as fast reckless driving claims thousands of lives on California's roads and highways.  But what happens when Bambi gets in the way of your precious car commute?   A pair of deer on the Golden Gate bridge snarled traffic in and out of San Francisco during a Friday evening commute, for several minutes.  Drivers were forced to endure the beauty of nature and the agony of waiting minutes in order to allow the deer to live.

The deer not only stopped traffic but they forced drivers to come to grips with the idea that their time might not be as valuable as a deer's life.
image found here.
Veronica Drier exclaimed, "Oh God it was an absolute nightmare on the bridge!   I was missing my Friday night shows and are two deer reaaaallly worth that?  If they were pedestrians or bikers I would have honked my horn and drove around them haphazardly, but I knew cameras were around so I was on my best behavior and just raged in my beautiful new car."

Horrible, horrible majestic beauty robbing minutes of time from car commuters.
image found here.
Kent Burkman, one of the unfortunate souls trapped for minutes behind the deer, commented, "It was agonizing to spend minutes more than usual on my hour long commute.  Seeing those deer on the bridge made me realize how fragile everyone is on our roads and highways, and made me think maybe I should try to relax and be more mindful of my driving. That just made me angrier.  Goddamn those deer."  

No comments:

Post a Comment