|These vehicles are bound to the same traffic laws, for, you know, "safety".|
The Wigg Party wrote on their Facebook event page,“We want to make the point that, in fact, requiring cyclists to come to full stops at every stop sign is a really terrible idea for everyone on the road.” They intend to prove a point that bikers do what is in their best interest as well as the interest of moving traffic. By riding their bikes single file, coming to a complete stop any time a pedestrian has stepped one foot into the crosswalk, they believe they'll show the absurdity of the law and jam up traffic. This will undoubtedly anger motorists who value their time and sometimes follow the laws themselves.
The Wigg Party also plans to avoid other vehicle behavior:
- Scream honking noises when a biker in front of them does something they object to.
- Leave their bike in a bus lane or middle of the street while they stop into a cafe for a coffee.
- State that pedestrians deserve to be struck if they're not in the crosswalk.
- Demand the city provide 153 square feet of on-street space for each bicycle.
- Demand that bike lanes are engineered as a priority on every street throughout San Francisco.
- Block crosswalks/intersections to shave a few seconds off a commute.
- Flaunt the speed limit.
|Wigg Party wont ask to "Get rid of those other racks and GIVE US OUR GOD-GIVEN SPACE!!!|
image found here.
The event is set to take place Wednesday, July 29th, from 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm. The bicycle inflicted injury and death count is expected to plummet from "extremely rare", to,"extremely rare".